Using Your iPhone or iPad with Hosted Exchange
Last Updated: March 26, 2014 11:48 AM
On an iPhone® or iPad®, Hosted Exchange not only lets you send and receive email, it also synchronizes email folders, calendars, and contacts. The screen shots below use iPhone firmware 3.1.2, but previous versions use the same settings and the iPad's interface is very similar.
To Use Your iPhone or iPad with Hosted Exchange
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- From the Settings menu, select Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Complete the following fields, and then click Next.
- Email — Enter your Hosted Exchange email address.
- Domain — Leave this field blank.
- Username — Enter your Hosted Exchange email address.
- Password — Enter your email account password.
- Description — Enter a description of the email address to display in the email account list on your iPhone.
- In the Server field, based on your Hosted Exchange Email version, type one of the following: (try ex3 first)
Exchange 2010 — mail.ex2.secureserver.net, mail.ex3.secureserver.net, or mail.ex4.secureserver.net
- Exchange 2010 — mail.ex2.secureserver.net, mail.ex3.secureserver.net, or mail.ex4.secureserver.net
- Tap Next
- Optional: Select to synchronize Mail, Contacts, or Calendars by sliding to the toggles to On.
- Click Save.
For more detailed information on mobile support, see Exchange Server 2007 Support for Mobile Devices on Microsoft's website.